- Target disease
- Chronic Hepatitis B
- Molecular type
- Nucleoside monophosphate prodrug
- Mode of action
- RT inhibitor
- Development stage
- GLP preclinical studies
for US FDA IND enabling
- Best-in-class RT inhibitor
Superior to ETV/TDF/TAF
- In 2019, WHO estimates that 296 million people were living with chronic
(CHB) infection with 1.5 million new infections each year.
- In 2019, hepatitis B resulted in an estimated 820,000 deaths, mostly
and hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC).
- Hepatitis B can be prevented by vaccines, which are safe, available and effective,
but still lots of patients are suffering from CHB.
- Current treatment option for CHB patients are
five US FDA approved antivirals and
, but the cure rate is less than 5%.